Chocolate Christmas Cakes
Ingredients (20 pax)
• 120ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain
• 5 oz whole cane sugar
• 0,9 oz vanilla-flavoured sugar
•7 oz flour
• 2,8 oz ground hazelnuts
• 3,5 oz walnuts, halved
• 3,5 oz cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• 1 pinch salt
• 6 eggs
For the cream
• 7 oz very cold whipping cream
• 7 oz icing sugar
• 2 piping bags
• 2 piping nozzles, nos. 3 and 12
1. First of all, preheat the oven to 180ºC with both the top and the bottom heat on.
2. Beat the eggs with the Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain, the cane sugar and the vanilla-flavoured sugar.
3. Sift the flour, baking powder and cocoa powder a couple of times.
4. Next, add the ground hazelnuts, walnuts and pinch of salt to the flour mixture. Add this mixture to the eggs and sugar and gently fold.
5. Grease a cake tin with Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain and pour it in the cake batter.
6. Bake for 20 minutes.
7. Leave to cool.
8. Finally, watch the final picture with the cream and the Santa Claus hat arranged.
5. Remove, let cool slightly and serve.